Seeing wolf spiders everywhere around your home and yard can indicate that you have an infestation and maybe even an underlying problem with spider pest prey. The only way to address this is to utilize prevention tips for wolf spiders and reach out to Frisco pest control professionals for more assistance.
Wolf Spiders: Identification & Habits
One of the most common questions individuals have about this pest is ‘are wolf spiders dangerous?’ Often this is asked due to the spider’s size and general appearance, though it is important to note that wolf spiders are not particularly aggressive or harmful to humans.
You can review some essential information to know about wolf spiders below:
- Grow up to just over two inches long, have long legs, and a general hairy appearance that makes them seem frightening to some.
- They prefer to keep to themselves and hunt prey rather than catch it in their web.
- Choose to live in secluded cracks or crevices around your home or yard.
- Like most different kinds of spiders, they go to the accessible shelter, food, and water access on your property.
If you want to know more about wolf spiders and their habits, you can always speak to the experts at DANCAN The Pest Control Expert, for more information.
Common Ways Wolf Spiders Enter Houses
All spiders are highly skilled at invading your home to pursue food or secluded shelter. For the most part, wolf spiders will enter your home via exterior doors or windows left open and unattended. They will also enter through gaps or cracks around your home’s windows, doors, or foundation or the spaces around utility areas. Keeping your doors and windows closed, investing in window and door screens, and sealing cracks is crucial in spider prevention.
Four Expert Tactics On Dealing With Wolf Spiders
If you want to deal with wolf spiders around your property and reduce this pest’s presence in your yard, you can follow our four expert pest control tactics:
- Seal up all cracks and gaps around your home and ensure that window and door screens are unbroken to keep wolf spiders out.
- Address pest prey issues around your property, such as cockroaches, ants, or beetles infestations. DANCAN The Pest Control Expert can help you with this.
- Fix up leaks and moisture issues on your property that may be contributing to excess water, something that attracts wolf spiders and other pests.
- Keep your yard clear of debris such as fallen branches and long grass, and fill in any holes to reduce wolf spider hiding spots.
These tactics should help you deter an infestation of wolf spiders, but if you are dealing with an active infestation, you should be reaching out to DANCAN The Pest Control Expert, for removal help as soon as possible.
Total Spider Prevention Programs For Frisco Residents
One of the best ways to get rid of spiders from your Frisco property is to contact DANCAN The Pest Control Expert, for assistance. With our expert technicians and comprehensive spider prevention programs, you’ll have no trouble keeping wolf spiders and all other types of spiders off your property year-round. Plus, we can deal with any pest prey issue you’re experiencing, allowing you to live pest-free. Reach out today, to learn more about our home pest control services.