If you're a property owner in Frisco, then sooner or later, you'll have to deal with fire ants. These pests are notoriously difficult to get rid of and can cause a lot of damage to your property. Fire ants are estimated to cost the U.S. economy $6 billion in damages each year. As if that's not enough, they can also bite more than once!
If you're concerned about fire ants invading your home, now is the time to take action. Look up local Frisco Pest Control services for your home. Don't wait until they've already infested your property - that will only worsen the problem.
Is This A Fire Ant?
Fire ants are easily identifiable by their reddish-brown color and their aggressive behavior. If you see a small, reddish-brown ant with a large head, then it's probably a fire ant. Fire ants can be found in most parts of the United States, so if you live in Frisco, there's a good chance you'll encounter them at some point.
If you're not sure if you have fire ants, there are a few things to look out for:
- Mounds: If you spot a fire ant mound in your yard, then you likely have an infestation. These mounds are usually visible after the rain.
- Size: Fire ants are smaller than regular ants. If you see an ant that's about a quarter of an inch long, then it's probably a fire ant.
- Behavior: Fire ants are very aggressive and will swarm around anything they perceive as a threat.
- Habitat: Fire ants like to build their nests in warm, sunny areas. You'll usually find them near trees, bushes, or gardens.
For fire ant treatment in Frisco, contact a certified pest exterminator to take care of the problem for you. They'll be able to identify the nest and treat it accordingly.
What To Do If Fire Ants Bite You
Fire ant bites burn, itch, and swell for about a day. They're not dangerous unless you have an allergic reaction to them - which could be life-threatening. If your skin is swollen or red after getting bitten by fire ants, then it's time to seek medical attention.
You may also attempt applying first aid at home before rushing to the doctor. Here are some steps to follow:
- Apply an ice pack or cold compress on the area bitten by fire ants
- Wash off any remaining ant venom with soap and water, then apply antibiotic cream to help prevent infection
- Take over-the-counter pain relief medication if you're experiencing pain from the bite
Fire ants can be a significant nuisance, so it's essential to take action before they cause too much damage. Contact a local fire ant pest control service to start treatment today.
How To Tell If You Are Allergic To Fire Ants
If you're having a severe allergic reaction to fire ant bites, then these are the symptoms you may experience:
- Swelling in the lips, tongue, face, or throat
- Difficulty breathing
- Hives on your skin that are red raised bumps with an itching sensation
- Nausea, vomiting, or diarrhea
- Loss of consciousness
To protect yourself and your family from venomous fire ant bites, get professional fire ant control for your Frisco home.
Fire Ant Prevention Tips For Frisco Residents
The best way to get rid of fire ants in Frisco is prevention. If you know that your property is at risk for infestation, it's crucial to take action before it happens. Here are some tips for preventing fire ant infestations in Frisco:
- Keep around the house grass short
- Regularly check for colonies in your yard
- Don't spread mulch near the home
- Don't leave food or drinks uncovered
These tips will help you keep your property free from fire ants. However, contact DANCAN, The Pest Control Experts, for a lasting solution. Our team of experts can take care of your fire ant problem for good.